Changes in v3.5 (October 11, 2017)
- The batch and file lists now have selectors to choose which batch/file "types" are shown in the list. The file list now has selectors to filter by "status" as well.
- Right-click a file in the list and select "Hide" to mark the file as "deleted". Can be used for files with status "Revisable", to indicate you've abandoned the file and will not resubmit. Hidden files will only show up in the file list when the "Inactive" selector is on (at top of the file list) Sync will automatically mark all non-active files in closed batches as hidden. This is why the first time you sync with this version, it will re-sync all batches (not just the changed ones)
The batch and file lists now have 3 views/pages:
- For editing and uploading
- Shows recent/live statistics
- Shows aggregated statistics from the Sales section
- File "Creation date" and Model Release "Birth date" are now also verified to be later than Jan 1st, 1754. Avoids getting this error only after upload.
- Statistics now allows "Upload date" to be used, in addition to "Sales date". In cases where we get a wrong "Upload date" from the Getty server, we use an "educated guess" for the correct date.
- Statistics now distinguishes all 4 file types: editorial types are now recognized as well, on top of the already provided "Image", "Video" and "Illustration"
- Statistics has an additional option in the drop-down lists: "Has release": can be used to compare the performance of files that have people or released property versus non-people shots.
- Statistics: the "Your files" list now has a drop-down option to show the top 1000 files (25, 50, 100 and 250 were already available)
- New preference: "Default country"; can be set to "No default country", "Use last country" or a specific fixed country. Whenever new files are added, this is the country that will be used as default
- Preview panel for Files and Releases now shows detailed errors
- Fixed the +/- mixup for recent views/interactions in the history list after sync
- Mac (High Sierra): Error column now again shows the number of errors instead of nothing ...
Changes in v3.4.1 (October 7, 2017)
- Added a fallback mechanism for users having trouble uploading releases in certain countries.
Changes in v3.4 (October 4, 2017)
File list now allows selecting multiple views, numbered 1 (uploading and editing) and 2 (statistics).
- Select one of the views, and customize it by adding/moving/removing the desired columns for that view
- With statistics maturing, we'll have more and more columns to choose from, and this new view switching feature allows grouping columns in logical sets.
Sync now also fetches "Recent Activity" from the ESP server:
- These are the number of views and interactions (file added to a board by an iStock visitor) over the past 30 days.
- The values update on the Getty server once a day
- The views and interactions can be viewed in both the Batch and File lists, by selecting "view 2" in the top right corner.
- There are also columns for "View changes" and "Interaction changes", showing the difference between the newly fetched values and the ones before.
- E.g. a "View change of -3" means that 3 new views were registered since the last sync/change.
- Of course, with only the "rolling 30 last days" available as input, some reasoning must be applied: it could be that the file had 5 new views, but 2 old ones shifted out of the 30 day window. If this doesn't make any sense: just use the values as an indication of which files/batches are seeing some action ;)
- Sync now better logs files being fetched from the ESP servers
- Better memory handling for large portfolios
- When user closes the Asset detail window with keywords still in the top keyword box (forgot to add them), the box content is no longer discarded but will still contain the keywords when reopening the window.
- When adding files to a closed batch, it will give this as warning, regardless of how many free slots it has available.
- Windows: List content is now adapts on-the-fly to UI language switch
Changes in v3.3.2 (October 2, 2017)
- File list: added right-click menu option "View on iStockphoto"
- Statistics: "Group by upload date" has been replaced with "Group by creation date". Apparently, the upload dates reported by the Getty server are incorrect, so we now use the best next thing: creation date.
Import Portfolio and DeepMeta v2 import now work together to allow you to obtain correct upload dates for your portfolio. (if you haven't deleted your DeepMeta V2 data).
You can issue "DeepMeta v2 import" and "Import Portfolo" in any sequence. The result will be correct upload dates, not corrupted by wrong data from the Getty server.
- Increased max timeout and number of automatic retries for the AWS upload servers. Some users with slow connections still have issues, mostly uploading releases (which always use the Amazon US-West servers)
- Support added for (panorama) images of more than 32000 pixels wide.
- Windows: fixed display of the sorting up/down arrows in the list headers
- The checkbox in the File "changed" column is now correctly updated after selecting releases for a file. Note that this checkbox value is not actively used yet.
Changes in v3.3.1 (October 1, 2017)
- Note that the first sync after updating to this version will re-fetch all batches from ESP and all portfolio files, since some additional fields can now be retrieved (e.g. the Upload date)
Upload Date now also available in the Statistics section:
The dropdown list in the top control bar now allows you to select "Group by Upload day", "Group by upload month" and "Group by upload year".
Selecting one of these options will make the time axes of the Bar chart and Area chart use upload dates instead of sales dates.
This allows you to see from which upload periods your sales are coming
The dropdowns for the Pie/Bar charts now have an extra choice "Upload date" (grouped by year).
This allows you to filter the shown stats by year of upload.
The table in the Sales section now also allows an "Upload date" column to be added (right-click the column header of the list and select "Add Column", then "Upload Date").
This means you can now sort your sales by upload date to see how you recent uploads are doing.
- The dropdown list in the top control bar now allows you to select "Group by Upload day", "Group by upload month" and "Group by upload year".
- Fix for wrong UploadDate taken from Portfolio + better date handling for Sync in general
- Fix for keyword issues, not allowing multiple disambiguations for the same keyword